Following the success of Summit, Montblanc’s very first luxury smartwatch in 2017; the maison today announced a new digital interpretation called the Summit 2. Summit 2 combines the very best in fine watchmaking and state-of-the-art technology with a brand new compact 42mm case designed for both men and women. It’s the first luxury smartwatch to feature the Snapdragon Wear 3100 chipset by Qualcomm for enhanced performance, improved battery life and a weeklong time-only mode. The latest Wear OS by Google powers Summit 2 with iOS and Android smartphones.
“Built for travel, fitness or exploration, Summit 2 is a versatile companion created for urban explorers, business travellers and performance seekers looking to push boundaries in everything they do,” explains Nicolas Baretzki, Montblanc CEO. “These high achieving individuals want to be connected at all times with easy access to functional features and apps that allow them to always stay ahead and be productive on-the-go, while still enjoying the experience of wearing a fine timepiece. Whether work, leisure, fitness or travel, Summit 2 is built to seamlessly power them through their everyday adventures stylishly and reliably.”
The built in watch face configurator allows the user to choose from over a thousand dial combinations. The Summit 2 takes its design inspiration from Montblanc’s emblematic 1858 collection. It offers several design expressions, including the 1858 collection, the Bohème Date and Bohème Classic variations to the sporty Energy and Fitness styles designed for peak performance and physical activity. The different case finishes – black DLC steel, stainless steel, bicolour steel and titanium Grade 2 – can be combined with 11 different interchangeable strap options including calfskin, Milanese steel, rubber sport and nylon, to create a total of over 70,000 individual looks across the Summit 2 assortment. Each timepiece is fitted with a rotating crown and two additional programmable pushers.
For the Urban Explorer
- With the help of the Google Assistant, users will get proactive, personalized assistance like their flight status or upcoming reservations. They can also use the watch’s microphone, to ask for help or get directions or translations. The Google Assistant can also manage tasks like setting reminders or checking your heart rate.
- All notifications – including incoming calls, messages, social media updates, calendar events, news and more – are directly synced to the Montblanc Summit 2 from a smartphone. When there isn’t time to start typing a reply on the smartphone, the Montblanc Summit 2 offers built-in smart replies and other quick ways to respond with handwriting, keyboard or voice dictation.
- The always-on colour ambient mode allows for the watch faces to be visible at all times, while delivering a full day of battery life running Wear OS by Google. The battery life can be extended by an additional 3 – 5 days by deactivating smartwatch functionality while still showing the time at a flick of the wrist.
For the Globetrotter
- A new Timeshifter® app and watch face, provides personalized advice to minimize jet lag based on the traveller’s sleep pattern, chronotype, and flight plan. Used by astronauts and elite athletes, and based on the latest in sleep and circadian neuroscience, Timeshifter provides timely updates and instructions directly on the Summit 2 watch face, helping travellers to adjust fast to a new time zone.
- The new Montblanc exclusive Travel Info app provides relevant local traveller information.
- The practical voice-activated translator gives its user direct translations from a multitude of languages directly to the watch’s display, making travelling in foreign countries simpler than ever.
- Users can purchase new experiences, meals and tickets with the addition of Google Pay.
For the Fitness Junkie
- The exclusive Montblanc Running Coach app, powered by scientific insight from the Firstbeat (a registered trademark of Firstbeat Technologies Oy) analytics engine, enables runners to track fitness levels (based on VO2max) and specify a fitness goal which translates into a personalized training plan built around ideal efforts and recovery times.
- Users can monitor their fitness goals and progress with an integrated live coach that provides the right pace and intensity level during training.
- Summit 2 features an improved Heart Rate Algorithm and 5 ATM water-resistance making it resilient to swimming. The integrated GPS allows navigation and more precise fitness tracking when away from the phone.
What’s not to love about Summit 2 experience. Trust us when we say we felt pretty special with it on our wrist 😉