January! It’s like Christmas for watch lovers. We’re exactly 45 days away till The Salon International de la Haute Horlogerie 2018 (SIHH 2018) and we’re already starting to get glimpses of some sensational line ups from some of the most prestigious watch brands in the industry. It’s the first fair of the year, which will run from January 15th to 19th in Geneva setting the scene and previewing the trends for the twelve months to come.
Thirty-five exhibitors (including no fewer than six new arrivals), a day for the general public (carrying on from last year’s success), the launch of a unique networking and a content hub at the heart of the fair: SIHH continues to gain in size and scope.
For 28 years, The Salon International de la Haute Horlogerie has shown that it can transform with time, continuing to adapt to, anticipate and meet the needs of professionals in the Fine Watch sector for whom it remains a fabulous showcase with no equivalent anywhere in the world, as much for the exclusive nature of its exhibitors as for the quality of the structures it provides its visitors.
- The arrival of six new exhibitors including Hermès, Armin Strom, DeWitt, Chronométrie Ferdinand Berthoud, Élégante by F.P.Journe and Romain Gauthier, bringing the total number of exhibitors to 35
- New spaces, a new entrance which has been redesigned to facilitate visitor flow, and the creation of a communication hub at the heart of the fair with a 100-seat Auditorium (which will host a full and attractive programme including product presentations, CEO interviews, specialist talks, panel discussions and round tables), a reappointed and connected Press Club, a restaurant, and private lounges for business clients and VIP guests.
- “White Box” plug-and-play studios that will be dotted around the aisles – perfect for interviews, product shootings and preparing social media posts without being completely cut off from the atmosphere and buzz of the fair.
- An interactive SIHH app to guide visitors around the fair, including an interactive map, news from the brands and their latest releases, social media, press presentations schedule for journalists, shuttle times, and much more.
- For a taste of adventure, three virtual reality scenarios will be a chance to use a marine chronometer, a railroad watch or a flyback chronograph in situations where time is of the essence.
- The Beauty of Time, the latest book from Fondation de la Haute Horlogerie, published by Flammarion, will illustrate an exhibition of rare timepieces and will be on sale, along with other specialist and hard-to-find works, inside the bright, contemporary setting of the bookstore.
New players, new clients, new markets… the luxury business is extending its boundaries and engaging in a genuine dialogue with its fans. In keeping with this spirit, SIHH opened its doors to the public for one day last year, and will be doing the same again on Friday 19th January 2018. Tickets are on sale now at www.sihh.org
A.Lange & Söhne, Audemars Piguet, Baume & Mercier, Cartier, Girard-Perregaux, Greubel Forsey, Hermès, IWC, Jaeger LeCoultre, Montblanc, Panerai, Parmigiani Fleurier, Piaget, Richard Mille, Roger Dubuis, Ulysse Nardin, Vacheron Constantin, Van Cleef & Arpels
Carré des Horlogers
Armin Strom, Christophe Claret, Chronométrie Ferdinand Berthoud, DeWitt, Élégante by F.P.Journe, Grönefeld, H. Moser & Cie, Hautlence, HYT, Kari Voutilainen, Laurent Ferrier, MB&F, Ressence, Romain Gauthier, RJ-Romain Jerome, Speake-Marin, Urwerk