If you’re serious about Golf, we’re serious about the new TAG Heuer Connected Modular 45 “Golf Edition”. Designed specifically with golfers in mind, the Connected Modular 45 “Golf Edition” along with the the avant-garde watchmakers’ newest Golf App enables players to get the most out of their golf rounds no matter what course they’re playing on.
Back in 2015, TAG Heuer became the first watch brand to develop and commercialise a trend-setting, fully functional ‘Swiss-Made’ smartwatch called TAG Heuer Connected. Armed with the best looks in the smartwatch segment, stellar features and a brand name you can blindly trust, TAG Heuer, this year combines its passion for Golf and innovation with this new release.
According to Matthieu Soudan, TAG Heuer’s Project Manager, “The TAG Heuer Connected Modular 45 ‘Golf Edition’ was designed specifically for golfers and anyone who is fascinated by the sport. Every aspect of the smartwatch and the app – from design to function – was created to enhance the player’s game. Off the course, the watch is a stylish accessory that features cutting-edge digital technology. It’s important to point out that it is, first and foremost, a connected watch, which means that the Golf app is only one of many other apps and functions that can be used with the timepiece”.
Everything about the new TAG Heuer Connected Modular 45 “Golf Edition” speaks golf. The 45mm sandblasted titanium case is superior in size and durability, as compared to the rivals in this segment. It features a black ceramic bezel ring, which is laser engraved with a scale of 1 to 18 – indicating the 18 holes in a round of golf. Filled in with white lacquer, the scale stands out from the predominantly black finish of the lightweight watch. The touchscreen is covered with a scratch-resistant sapphire crystal. The bold black ceramic lugs add a lot of character to the overall design. Accentuating the golf theme even further is an interchangeable white synthetic leather strap with rubber. The green stitching, along with the black and white colour scheme takes inspiration from timeless golf fashion trends. In addition, to the white strap, a black rubber strap is also included in the watch box, along with three golf balls stamped with the brands’ logo.
The technology of the TAG Heuer Connected Modular 45 “Golf Edition” is just as advanced as its design featuring an Intel Atom processor, with 512 MB of memory and 4 GB of storage. Equipped with multiple sensors, such as GPS, NFC, an accelerometer, a gyroscope and a microphone, this golf-themed smartwatch boasts a battery life of 25 hours.
TAG Heuer Golf Mobile App
If you already own a Connected Watch, the good news is, you can download TAG Heuer’s Golf Mobile App for free. Delivering key insights to improve performance, recording shot distances and scores, and displaying 39,000 golf courses around the world with precise 3D mapping technology, this app is more advanced than any similar technology currently available on the market. This professional sports watch and the app can even be used in amateur tournaments.
What Golfers need to know about the new TAG Heuer Connected Modular 45 “Golf Edition” and TAG Heuer Golf app
- At-a-glance information about distances to greens and hazards: The TAG Heuer Connected Modular 45 smartwatch displays distances to greens and hazards. The easy-to-read information has incredible precision that is accurate to within one metre. The position is captured on the watch using the integrated GPS sensor.
- Easy-to-read 2D and 3D course mapping: The “Golf Edition” smartwatch stands out with its unique interactive 2D course mapping. On the phone, highly realistic 3D renderings provide the best view of the course. Rather than just displaying distances, the TAG Heuer Connected Modular 45 “Golf Edition” displays high-end mapping of the entire hole using vector technology that shows the course in more detail – including the bunkers, fairways and rough – compared to the satellite mapping technology used by other similar apps. The maps are interactive and scrollable.
- Record scores for up to four players: Many golf watches can keep score, but this one gives you a bit more. Taking the game into the twenty-first century, the app replaces the paper scorecard with an interactive alternative. Within seconds, the player can enter the wearer’s score and those of their golf companions and keep track of the leader board as they go. Whether they choose stroke play, match play or stableford, the TAG Heuer Golf app can keep track of the score on the wearer’s wrist.
- Accurate shot distances: When the shot-recording feature is activated, the shot distance can be recorded as the player walks to their ball. Shot distance is accurate to within one metre.
- Informative stats after a round: All the information entered into the app from the watch can be instantly sent to a smartphone or stored locally if the phone is not nearby. After each round, the player can get insightful statistics including putting average, longest drive, score distribution and more.
- Play on any course in the world: TAG Heuer Golf has maps of more than 39,000 courses around the world. It can accompany any player no matter where the love for their sport takes them. The database is constantly updated to include new courses or changes to existing courses, ensuring that the 3D maps are as accurate as possible.
All in all, the new TAG Heuer Connected Modular 45 “Golf Edition” is a great watch for anyone who loves data and is fixed on improvement. Click here to know more.
Price in Australian Dollars : RRP – AUD $2,650